· We help and support people through personal coaching to establish and retain optimum mental & physical wellbeing & health
· We understand the frustration of trying navigate your way through all the confusing and often contradictory information on wellbeing, health and weight management and therefore provide the definitive guide on each of these areas without bias, personal agenda or profit.
· We understand the frustration dealing with the public health system that is simply reactionary and treatment of symptom focused and medication driven.
· We are specialists and experts in the field of medical & functional nutrition, using NON –PHARMA interventions and strategies to help people achieve and maintain optimum mental & physical wellbeing & health & weight.
· Our systems are designed for people between the ages of 17 and 60 (LIVING WELL), over 65 (LIVING WELL 3) and customized to meet the needs of businesses, (WORKING WELL) high performance athletes (PERFORMING WELL) and educators / parents (TEACHING & PARENTING WELL)
· All of our systems are clinically researched and tested based upon the latest evidence based science.
· HALCYON is like having a permanent, personal wellbeing and health coach in your pocket who you can access 7 days a week.
Our goal is to provide individuals with choice:
Either, continue to operate in the current 'public illness TREATMENT system' that only diagnoses and treats symptoms of poor health using medication OR
Operate with the option of reversing the cause of illness / disease by focusing on protection, prevention and cure.
"It's now very rare for anyone in our family to have a need to visit a GP or use medication - which is amazing given we were in and out every second month before we did Halcyon Living. But perhaps the most amazing thing about this system is it applies to kids just as much as adults. Our three children have never been healthier and as parents we are comforted in the fact they are learning habits and routines that will set them up for a life of good health. A really amazing system and something every family should consider."
Ross Owens, Wellington, NZ
ABOUT OUR PEOPLE
Pete (aka the coachsmith) is our Lead Wellness and master Coach. Pete has a career background in
education, sport & health at the highest levels with qualifications in Nutrition, Exercise science and teaching
He started thecoachsmith.com back in 2009 pioneering many new initiatives in the wellness industry and works hard to bring legitimacy to the notion that nutrition is the world’s most effective health and wellbeing tool.
As a consummate pragmatist he is committed to applying the science of medical nutritional and exercise physiology in a way people can understand and easily apply to their lives to prevent illness and improve health outcomes.
He has been instrumental in defining the 8 critical co-factors of optimum health and wellbeing, building his systems to ensure every individual can incorporate these 8 co-factors and afford to achieve wellness in their lives.
As an educator he wants to help people understand how their body and mind functions, the power of nutrition and how they have a choice and control over their personal health if they so choose.
MSc Dip PE Dip Tchg (Hon)
Leigh is our lead coach for the LIVING well 3 system with over 25 years working with mature senior clients. She is regarded in the industry as a leading practitioner in this field. She specializes in exercise science for over 60 year olds, but with an in-depth understanding of the cognitive, biological, social and physical challenges of aging and processes addressed within the Living well 3 system
A background in primary health, falls prevention, green prescription, cardiac and diabetes education
Dr Gavin Tauroa
Gavin has spent most of his working life practicing and researching holistic Nutrition and health in diverse communities in England, the United States and Australia. He consultants for numerous global organisations and we feel fortunate to have him as part of our consulting team. Gavin is our clinical consultant and moderates (peer reviews) the material used in our coaching practices.
MChD, Diploma in Herbal Medicine and Diploma in Naturopathy
Pip is a highly experienced and professional wellness coach. She specializes in. hormonal well-being, mental health, fatigue, gut health and women’s health. She gets out of bed every day to improve the lives and happiness of her clients.
MSc (human Nutrition), Dip Tchg , Diploma in Herbal Medicine, Diploma in Naturopathy. AMC
Toni is a clinical nutritionist with experience working with minority ethnic groups. She has worked extensively with indigenous groups in Australia, the UK and New Zealand and is one of our senior wellness coaches
BSc (Human Nutrition) Dip Tchg, Diploma in Holistic Therapies
Logan as a practicing Physiotherapist with a back ground in neuroscience and acts as a consultant to HALCYON
BSc (neuroscience), BPhty
Dr Andrea Whu
Andrea is a researcher. She has this remarkable ability to peel back the layers of the literature onion and source scientific evidence based material that challenges the conventional wisdoms of western medicine and strongly influences the makeup of the coachsmith programmes.
Ph.D (Human Genetics)
Sonja is known as New Zealand’s Sugar free chef. She has this remarkable skill of converting a regular, every day recipe into a sugar free, trans fat free, sodium free edition that doesn’t compromise the integrity of taste and looks.
Completed a 3 year food science apprenticeship and studied at Otago Polytechnic gaining her London City of Guilds 706/1 and 706/2 qualifications. A passionate chef for well over 30 years.